TECNUN, the School of Engineering at the University of Navarra, in San Sebastian (Spain), is ranked as the #1 private engineering school in Spain (El Mundo, Ranking de Mejores Universidades españolas)
As in previous years, TECNUN is offering short courses in Engineering in English, oriented toward both international students from partner universities and TECNUN students. Also, in addition to the technical courses, TECNUN offers courses related to the Spanish language and culture. Some of the courses will be co-taught by visiting professors from our Partner Universities.
The main purpose is to teach and enrich students with both the theoretical and practical aspects of Engineering and Business while enjoying San Sebastian, a stunning seaside coastal location.
- Cool video report on San Seabastian by 2 Californian living in our city wins the Biggest Baddest Bucket List Competition by the Global Tourism Company Mydestination (My destination is Donostia/San Sebastian, May 2013)
- Tripadvisor, the world's biggest website on travelling reviews, has ranked San Sebastian 10th among the 15 most recommended destinations for 2012. (Tripadvisor, 15 destinations on the rise, October 2011)
- San Sebastian is one of the most beautiful cities in Europe, according to the British Newspaper The Times (The Times, The 20 Hottest European Beaches for 2010, January 2010).
- It is a city that is impossible not to fall in love with, as Lonely Planet states (Lonely Planet, Summer Lovin’ in San Sebastián, July 2010).
- In 2011, San Sebastian was selected among many other Spanish cities competeing to be the European Cultural Capital in 2016, which provides living proof of the richness and diversity of the cities selected by one of the most prestigious and high-profile cultural events in Europe. (http://www.eubusiness.com/news-eu/entertainment-spain.aym/)
Summer Programme is also recommended for students who are thinking about TECNUN as a possible Study Abroad destination but would like to get to know the university and the city beforehand.
Students will have the opportunity to experience Basque and Spanish culture through a leisure programme organized by TECNUN, with cultural tours and visits to castles, surfing and sailing courses, sevillanas and flamenco classes, introduction to the internationally renowned Basque gastronomy, visits to beautiful fishing villages along the Basque coast and more.
The Summer Programme also offers visits to interesting local companies such as Gamesa, CAF,Volkswagen, Lander, Mercedes, Orbea, Etxe-tar and CIMA
TECNUN has arranged for lodging special prices in Olarain, a modern, well equipped Student Residence conveniently located at a 10 minute walk to Tecnun and a 5 minute walk to the beach.
For further information please contact summerschool(at)tecnun.es